In this video you will learn how to do one of the Elbow Extension /set ups that Ronda Rousey used on Miesha Tate in their bantam weight title battle at Strikeforce. This was the first of two arm bars that Ronda Rousey went for in the fight, she almost won it with this one but Miesha Tate managed to escape despite her arm being badly hyper extended. This Arm Bar set up started when Miesha Tate was doing up kicks towards Ronda Rousey before Ronda span past the legs and took a knee on belly position and cleverly held on to the leg while going for the arm . It’s a great set up that can be used in or but it does leave some opportunities for the opponent because of the knee on stomach start position.
Related MMA Training Videos
Leave a Reply
- Mixed Martial Arts – The Learning Journey And Path To Evolution February 15, 2012
- The top 10 most effective Submissions in Mixed Martial Arts April 18, 2012
- Is there any future for specialists in MMA? March 7, 2012
- Not all submissions are made equal – Measuring Submission Strength April 11, 2012
- MMA Submission Technique – Calf Compression (Crusher) From Side / Centre Back Control March 25, 2012
- MMA Striking Tip – Double Flying Knee June 26, 2012
- MMA Tip – Breaking/Releasing Ankle Holds From Grounded Defensive Position June 24, 2012
- Tips For The Thai Clinch / Double Neck Clinch From UFC On FUEL TV 3 May 29, 2012
- Assessing your performance in MMA – Understanding The Technical Gap May 28, 2012
- Donald ‘The Cowboy’ Cerrone Vs Jeremy Stephens at UFC On FUEL TV 3 – The Cowboy’s Leg Kick Set Ups May 20, 2012
- Nathaniel: sweet video. I am 13 now and I just bought a punch...
- Phil: Ah well, I still like the triangle and have studie...
- Phil: well i guess it stands to reason why you taught us...
- Phil: That is a tought spot to be in Sir! Thanks for ...
- Phil: Hi Lee. Great Vid as always! really liked your ...
Arm Bar Arm Submissions Arm Triangle Choke Bait Biceps and Inner Forearm Suppression Biceps with Shoulder Suppression BJJ Cage Work Centre Control Closed Clinch Conditioning Counter Attack Defence Double Leg Downward Shoulder Rotation Elbow Extension Escapes Fake Featured Footwork Front Body Clinch Guard Guillotine Choke Inner Forearm Choke Kimura Leg Kick Leg with Shoulder Suppression Muay Thai Neck Submissions Open Clinch Primary Neck Grip Primary Shoulder Grip Rear Naked Choke Round Kick Set up Side Back Control Side Control Single Leg Strikeforce Triangle Choke Trip UFC Underhook Workout Wrestling